Sunday, March 27, 2011

On Eating the Head of a Pig

The photos from the previous posts prevented individual commentary by me simply because those photos capture an amazing story. Certainly the single evening experience, but I have been on eating quests for most of my adult life. It is not easy to find a quality hog head, let alone anyone who wants to eat it with you (FYI - this is my first hog's head). Tonight, it did not matter. This was pig on an elite level; other variations of pork may be just as awesome, but at this level forcing the choice of favorite or best is meaningless. I am keeping the bones. I will clean and bleach them. I will hang them in my class room when we read Animal Farm. I did not realize until tonight how long I had been waiting for something like this.

No comments: