Monday, April 5, 2010

Feliz Cumpleanos!















Throughout this roadtrip Steve has been telling various food vendors that I am a film producer or a journalist to see how they would react to the man with the camera. Knowing that Steve di not understand Spanish, I told our waiter, "Mi amigo, es su cimpleanos." (My friend, it is his birthday - of course it was not) He nodded. I later had to confirm with the waiter that "Es ses dollares para cumpleanos musica." (Is it six dollars for the birthday somg by the guitarists?) Again, he nodded. So did I. When Steve inquired, I merely said I was asking about dessert. A minute later a troop of servers and two guitarists are singing him "Happy Birthday!" and serving him some cake. He did not know what was going on. I was laughing so hard that the photos are not that good. We will remember this one for a long time.





No comments: