Monday, March 12, 2012

Del Posto Fixed Price Lunch

I discovered this incredible opportunity through my research.  Del Posto offers a $29 three course lunch.  Some of the selections, such as the beef and truffle carpaccio, cost extra ($15), and for $10 you can upgrde to a four course lunch.  That is what Darryn and I decided to do.  Being on vcation, one has to splurge.  Del Posto, if I remember my research, is the first Italian restaurant to receive four stars from the New York Times.  You truly need to experience a four-star restaurant to appreciate the level of service and the quality of the food.  The bitter herb and lettuces with truffle dressing that Darryn ordered for the anitpasti course is the best salad I have ever experienced (thanks, Darryn, for sharing!).  The lettuce ws incredible.  I never imagined that I would be extolling the virtues of a salad on this meat-fueled blog.  It was worthy.  One thing that I observed and commented upon throughout the meal (which lasted nearly two-and-a-half hours) was that every single dish served was at the perfect temperature for immediate enjoyment.   No item required a wait to cool down even slightly; no item needed even the slightest puff of breath to coool it down.  Del Posto served me one of my most memorable meals.  Bravo!


No comments: